A quick but delicious snack, a great way to use up leftover tortilla or just fill up empty tummies after a day at school.
Servings: 4 people
- 8 tortillas
- 4 floz oil
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
Getting ready to cook
Preparing the tortillas
- Place the tortillas on a chopping board in a pile.
- Cut the tortillas into triangles.
- Put oil into a deep frying pan, no more than 1/3 full. Heat it up to 350°F
- Carefully place 4 or 5 triangles in the hot oil, turn over after 20 seconds, lift out after another 20 seconds.
- Place on kitchen paper, set on a wire rack.
- Move quickly to the bowl of cinnamon sugar.
Preparing the cinnamon sugar
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl, I like to use a hand whisk. Once it is a consistent shade, it is ready to use.