Green Eggs and Ham*
- 4 slices bread
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 eggs
- 2-3 drop blue food coloring
- 1/4 cup minced ham
- Special Equipment: cookie cutters Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using the cookie cutters, cut out different shapes in the bread and spread them with butter.
- Arrange them on a cookie sheet and bake until the bread is toasted, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Break the eggs into medium bowl by lightly tapping the egg against the counter. Push gently into the crack with your thumbs and pull the 2 sides of the shell apart. Throw out the shells.
- Add a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper and 2 to 3 drops of blue food coloring to the eggs to make the desired green color.
- Whisk the eggs until they are completely mixed together.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Make sure your adult helper is nearby.
- Add the ham and cook it until it begins to brown a little, about 3 minutes. Stir it with the wooden spoon to keep it from sticking.
- Pour the eggs right on top of the ham. Don't stir until the eggs have begun to set, about 2 minutes.
- Use a spatula to fold the cooked eggs over as they cook. Chop up the eggs with the tip of the spatula.
- Remove the eggs to small plates as soon as they are done and serve with your different shaped toasts.